Thursday, April 8, 2010

clash of the titans

There's a lot of words to describe me. Babe. Amazing. Hilarious. Beautiful. Perfect. Supermodel. But the most important adjectives to date are: Potterhead. Fangbanger. Twihard. Lostie. Ringer. If you don't understand these words get the fuck off my blog and get a new friend. I assume you don't wanna know the rest. The point of this rambling is to explain that I love fantasy and sci-fi. Possibly because the 10 hour trek to Mordor was indeed more promising than my future. Just kidding I'm not that pessimistic. Well sometimes. Either way, when I saw a trailer for the remake of Clash of the Titans, I envisioned yet another ridiculously far-fetched, exciting, and bloody battle to the finish. Yes it was all these things, yet much more anti-climactic and poorly told than I imagined. Don't get me wrong I loved watching 2 straight hours of Sam Worthington. I loved watching 2 straight hours of Sam Worthington with a just got back from the Bahamas tan. I loved watching 2 straight hours of Sam Worthington with a just got back from the Bahamas tan in a skirt. And man those legs. And I understand that this movie is a remake, but I thought the storyline was a little weak. It told the story of the half-god, half-man Perseus leading the humans to fight the gods for their poor treatment of the humans. I just didn't feel there as enough reason to really want this war on the gods. Yes maybe not the most important reason to dislike the movie, but it really bothered me. Also, I always enjoyed learning about Greek mythology in high school. I might be very wrong about this, but I always thought Zeus was a good guy. Am I wrong? Leader of the gods, strong, and just. Maybe I'm wrong. But Zeus seemed like a slutty douche bag in this movie. But man do I love Liam Neeson. He's moved up to the second celebrity to replace my father. The first is Victor Garber of course. Back to Clash. It fulfilled it responsibility of being an action movie to keep me entertained, but its not something that I needed to run to the theatre for. So I say hey try it out, but don't have the highest expectations. And if you're low on cash, grab the bootleg. The picture won't show the high-def of Sam's calf muscles, but I can give you a detailed description if you're interested.

Come save me Perseus. I think the gods were bad to me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment