Tuesday, May 11, 2010

iron man 2

There's a problem with movies that begin a franchise and pleasantly surprise the first time around. Even bigger results are expected in the sequel. They seldom ever achieve the greatness of the first. Except when I was born. I was the sequel to my brother. The second born. And I'm the best. When Iron Man came out in 2008, Robert Downey Jr. was just returning from his hiatus of his drug binge and no one quite knew what to except. Reviews were great and everyone loved it. Now 2 years later everyone wants the same quality and reviews. It's way to hard to achieve. Overall I enjoyed Iron Man 2. Part of me felt like I was watching explosions for 2 hours straight, but take it as it is and it's a good action movie. The plot overall was decent. Mickey Rourke's character Ivan was a badass Russian who wanted revenge on Tony Stark because of his father's actions. This actions were not exactly something I would kill because of, but some people overreact I suppose. Do I think it was odd that an ex-con covered head to toe in tattoos happened to be a genius who could recreate the Iron Man suit and needed to bellow in angst? Yeah a little. But I have to say he was my favorite character and I wish I saw a little more of him in the movie. Mickey never disappoints. On to the next character. Tony Stark aka RDJ. His character is a narcissistic, yet very likable playboy celebrity, who happens to be saving the world. I understand this is his character and I do enjoy his antics, but sometimes the humor is just a little too much for me. When you have bad guys trying to murder you at every angle...don't bicker with Pepper Potts. It's not the time nor the place buddy. We had a little too much daddy problems and not enough real explanation to how your dad from afar is "communicating to you." We also had a few new additions to the cast this sequel. Sam Rockwell was a pussy who is trying to one up Tony. I'm a big Sam fan. Always have been. He's a puny little bitch, but I always had a major jones for him. Too bad in one of his first major scenes the only thing you can stare at is the fight he got into with self-tanner on his palms. Him and McGann need to have a proper lesson. Or just understand that not everyone was born as bronzed as me and Pauly D were. The other new additions were Samuel L. Jackson who happened to be wearing a black eye patch around the city and Scarlett Johansson who is a secret superhero. The movie could have gone the exact same way without these characters. Completely unnecessary. After doing some digging I realized its because they are making a new Marvel franchise from these 2 characters. Ask me if I care. In the end I felt a little unchanged. The entire theme of the movie was of security and trust in the Iron Man technology. In the end things haven't changed a bit and the questions are all still there. I mean this is Iron Man. It's no hard-thinking drama so I'll just shut up and let you enjoy it for what it is. I don't wanna give away any spoilers! I would definitely check out this movie if you liked the first or are interested in the comic book genre. Its entertaining if not anything else. RDJ looks good too. And I'm embarrassed to say this. But is it bad I was slightly turned on by Ivan's tattoos? Especially when he was wearing his undies in jail? Sorry about it.

I'm sorry but if we cut off his head I wouldn't hate this...

No comments:

Post a Comment