So the world is covered in blood right now. Vampire mania. Twilight. True Blood. A million books that try to repeat the Twilight pattern. And most recently the CW's The Vampire Diaries. I'm not gonna lie. I watch it. I love vamps. I wouldn't mind getting bit. And by I wouldn't mind, I mean I want to get bit. Now. Yesterday. So I'm watching tonights episode of The Vampire Diaries and I can't help but wonder why. Why the hell am I watching this crap? Years ago before the first Twilight movie was even made, I was a major Twihard. This is before everything with a vagina became obsessed with the bloodsuckers, so I really enjoyed it. So I moved on to the next best thing and read The Vampire Diaries series. Nothing compared to Stephanie Meyer's words and the images that ran through this little head. Now True Blood is a little different. Those vampires are badass mofos who don't care who they kill and I love it. They're a mans vamp. Don't get me wrong I love Edward Cullen more than the next girl, but honestly what is with this new vampire trend? Edward is the sweet vampire turned animal killer as to not harm any innocent humans. Stefan Salvatore, of The Vampire Diaries, is the same man with a different name. They follow this pattern. Hot vamp turned "vegetarian" and nabbing the emo girl that shares the same personality as a wet mop. Bella Swam and Elena Gilbert are just about as fascinating as watching paint dry. But of course they get the hot vampire every girl yearns for. Why? Honestly why wouldn't the men that can live forever and never age date some hot girl with an actual personality? Beats me. Now since I literally have no life I'll probably watch season 2 of The Vampire Diaries strictly for Ian Somerhalder. Love him. He plays the badass brother vamp, Damon, who just wants to fuck up the town and murder girls. He's the Eric Northman of Mystic Falls. And all the ladies know I lust for Eric's bite. I love it. Damon Salvatore's not pretending he doesn't have the need. And honestly, I know my vegetarian is different than a vampires vegetarian, but if not eating meat is similar to not drinking human blood, then I know exactly what kind of vampire I would be. Me, Bridget, and Maj without meat for a day, let alone a lifetime. Good luck to all you innocent mortals, because you're gonna be looking just like a hot dog to us. I mean her name isn't Hillary "Hot Dog" Stevenson for no reason. Anyways, I'm just wondering when this vampire craze will bleed out. The Twilight saga will come to an end in 2012, so they still have some time in the spotlight. And yes, it is a phenomena that will never be forgotten. I'll be at the midnight shows when I'm 25 no doubt. True Blood will continue because it gets the male audience just as much as the female. But The Vampire Diaries and all these copy books and shows need to take a few steps back. If even me, one of the biggest fangbangers you know sees an end, its gonna get old. I'm enjoying the ride though. Just watched Edward himself on Oprah. He's so frickin' dreamy.
Bella Swan or Wet Mop?
2011 Summer Vacation Overview
14 years ago

Just finished the second book of the Sookie Stackhouse series and am loving every minute of it! I have all of them on my Kindle (thanks Wendy) and I think I am going to try to save Afghanistan by providing the argument, "Atleast you guys don't have vampires...or do you?" Thoughts?
ReplyDeletehahah i refuse to read the series because i don't wanna ruin the show. i hear great things though. i mean if theres no bloodsuckers in afghanistan what can they really complain about?
ReplyDelete