Wednesday, June 30, 2010

toy story 3

I honestly never in a million years expected to enjoy Toy Story 3 as much as I did. I can say with confidence that this is one of the best movies I have seen all year and possibly longer. It's been 11 years since the last Toy Story. The theater I was at had no one under the age of 15, from teenagers to grandparents. I love that the kids I babysit for are carrying around Woody dolls at the age of 5, when we were doing the same thing. Are you crying with nostalgia yet? Toy Story 3 was hilarious, adorable, and even made me gasp a few times. I cried uncontrollably wanting only to go home and kiss every stuffed animal and toy I've ever owned, especially Yum Yums and Pretty. The animation is so amazing in this movie and the creators have an incredible attention to detail. The movie takes place at a daycare when Andy's mom accidentally donates the toys when Andy is leaving for college. The part I loved the most about this movie was that if you changed the plot a tiny bit if could be very realistic. The toys are trying desperately to escape the daycare when they realize its a living hell with a tyrant toy named Lotso running the joint. Like any old hostage situation. I felt like they were real people. The toys have to cope with the fact that Andy is moving on with his life and playtime and his need for them is very infrequent. Does this make it weird that I still sleep with my "stuffed dog" Pretty every night? Clearly she is real, speaks, and loves, but I feel if I say that aloud I'll be looked at as "crazy." Very similar to when my friends don't accept the fact that my living, breathing pooch Shadow is immortal. Name me one other dog thats lived to 15. Immortal. IMMORTAL. I really didn't have any intention of going to see Toy Story 3, especially since I remember absolutely nothing from Toy Story 2, but I desperately encourage everyone to go see it. Boys, girls, moms, dads, dogs, cats, imaginary boyfriends, everyone. Fantastic movie. Even Garrett enjoyed it. But then again, while we sobbed wiping our tears, his only comment was, "OMG that baby is ugly as shit!"


Theres even romance!

No comments:

Post a Comment