There are some traditions that are meant to be kept. Christmas dinner. Family vacations. Murphy's happy hour. And last and most importantly…midnight shows. There is not one midnight show for my favorite franchises that I have missed in ages. Every time me, Mush, and Chrissie hit up the Harry Potter and Twilight midnight shows with all the freaks a decade younger than us. We were even called out of school early for Lord of the Rings. RIP my dear friends and hobbits. Your saga is truly missed. If you haven't been to a midnight show I definitely recommend you try it out. It's always always an interesting experience to say the least. I've learned a lot through these experiences. I have learned that it is "not socially acceptable" to be 20 years old and wear a lightning bolt and black round glasses to a Harry Potter show. I have learned that Milwaukee's midnight shows consist of a ghetto theater where its okay to drink pitchers of Miller Lite waiting in line. I have learned that hundreds of girls in Team Edward and Team Jacob shirts think its okay to verbally assault each other about who would be a better mate for them. Lastly I learned at Eclipse that Twihards might be young, cute girls, but this does not mean they are sweet, especially in a crowded parking lot. I almost found a grenade to drop on top a certain brown Saturn. Then again if you don't enjoy hearing 100 screaming girls when Jacob takes his top off, this might not be the thing for you. So yesterday I continued the tradition as I wore my matching Team Edward shirt to my VIP showing of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse. I'm actually not quite sure what the hell I saw. This could be because the 19 year olds behind us kept babbling that "the MTV experts said phone sex through texting is sexing, but just sending inappropriate things is flirt texting." Yes, I agree the word sext might be the best word of 2009, but I don't need to be distracted with such mundane things when bloodsuckers are expanding on the large screen in front of me. When I get very excited about something I'm going to see, sometimes the anticipation gets the best of me and I honestly have no idea what I'm watching. I'm so nervous about whats to come that I can't concentrate on what I just saw. I think that happened last night. There, of course, are a few things I need to say. First off, this movie was never meant to win Oscars or to house Oscar winning actors. With that said, the acting in this movie was pretty awful. Kristen Stewart is already a miserable wench, so all she had to do was continue being herself. Dakota Fanning was terrible, which is surprising since she's been in the business since she was like in the womb. Robert Pattinson is the one that bothers me. He has a rep of being a less than talented actor and it's hard because I don't blame people. His acting skills in this movie consist of looking ridiculously tormented and full of personal anguish. His facial expressions look almost constipated. He needs to ease up on the misery a little. His role as Edward doesn't really require much, which makes his acting look terrible. In Remember Me he's actually not half bad, but most people only see him as Edward Cullen. The best actor in the movie by far was Xavier Samuel. He plays a newborn vampire named Riley that strictly yearns for blood and murder. He is incredibly sexy and ruthless and plays his role well. I. Want. Him. To. Bite. The. Shit. Out. Of. Me. Unfortunately Dietz has already informed me that pale white just isn't my color. Besides my problems with the acting, I enjoyed the movie for its purpose intended. Best movie I've seen all year, fuck no, but enjoyable to say the least. Before Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince premiered, I made sure to reread the 6th book since it had been some time since I last read it. This was both a good and bad thing. Good because I went into the movie knowing exactly what to expect. Bad because every detail left out of the book I poked and prodded at making it less enjoyable than it may have been had not read it. My sister was ready to put a bullet in my head. So I chose not to reread Eclipse. I've read the book about 4 times, all of these being several years ago, before everyone grew fangs overnight. So, I really didn't remember exactly what happened. Of what I do remember, it followed the book pretty accurately. The look of the vampires themselves get more ridiculous in each movie. Yes in the book they are pale and golden eyed, unless they are newborns and their eyes are blood read. I understand this, but they way they make them look is almost freakish. They might wanna go a tint up on the golden contacts. Edward was much much much hotter in the first movie and book. Now, after seeing the movie I realize why I wanted Bella dead. Bella, I get that Edward and Jacob both love you, but why do you need to play both of them? This is why me and most of my friends are single. Greedy freaks like Bella that need it all! Actually I highly doubt thats why were single, but a girl can dream right? Bella, since when is a stunningly beautiful vampire that wants to be with you for eternity and can indeed sink his sexy fangs into your neck not enough for a girl? Unbelievable. And for that matter, Jacob, how many times must you be degraded and embarrassed before you can accept rejection? Please someone explain this concept to me. Now that I've bitched for like 20 minutes I need to express that I actually did enjoy this movie. Probably the best of the three. Obviously as with most book to movie transitions, the book is always drastically better, but we have to expect and live with that. This time we get a little more depth into the Cullen clan and the battle sequences are pretty cool. This movie essentially can stand alone as its own movie. I'm verrryyy interested in how they will pull off Breaking Dawn and I'm sure the rest of my Twihard friends agree! By the way, Eclipse made $30 million alone on midnight shows. Broke the record. Take that and your $5 million dollar weekend Megan Fox.
Xavier I have a very fresh neck open for biting

No comments:
Post a Comment