I literally have no words. I don't even know why I'm writing this blog post. This movie is phen-om-enol. I'm pretty sure that the general population of the world already saw this movie and has had a lot to talk about. This is hands down the most original movie I have ever seen and probably will see for a very long time. Christopher Nolan of The Dark Knight wrote and directed this movie and it took him 10 years to get it here. They all thought he was crazy until they saw his genius of The Dark Knight and allowed him to do it. The movie is about dream thieves who can enter your dream state and steal ideas from your brain. This movie takes us through their attempt to not only steal ideas but plant ideas in your head without your subconscious showing you that it isn't originally yours, aka inception. The sexy Leonardo DiCaprio doesn't miss a beat as always and one of my all-time faves Joseph Gordon-Levitt is finally being rewarded for the great actor he is. I mean who didn't love him as Cameron in 10 Things I Hate About You? I loved him trying to learn French for Bianca Stratford. The special effects are insane and the movie itself is a brain exercise for 2 hours and 45 minutes. I don't think i've thought that hard since birth. Lord knows I didn't give a shit in college. Apparently you need to actually think in movies. You can't get a test from the kids who took the class before you. You'll spend the entire length of the movie on the edge of your seat wondering what the fuck is actually going on, what level of a dream they are currently in, and how time is shorter and longer based on your level of dreaming. Genius. Leo's lady Mal is the token psycho bitch of the movie and does a very creepy job at it. At some points I thought I was watching Shutter Island again. Freaky freaky women let me tell you. All I can say is that this movie is a must see. There is no doubt about that. All you ladies who only enjoy romantic comedies starring Ryan Reynolds and Miley Cyrus are shit outta luck. Open your eyes to something marvelous and much more worth your time. If these sort of dream thieves ever did exist they probably would have no reason to steal anything from my head. Bridget's dreams would have monkeys clanking their instruments together. I probably killed all "important" information at Butch McGuires. All they would find up there would be boys, money, and a fantasy life much different than this one thats for sure. Then again thats the closest I'd ever come to Leo being inside me...
He blossomed into such a stud didn't he?
2011 Summer Vacation Overview
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment