Wednesday, February 24, 2010

spring preview

As spring approaches, so do a lot of great flicks in the coming months. So I put together a little list of the movies I want to see, have some potential, or flat out want to avoid. So check out the list so you know which movies I will be attempting to drag you to...

Must See
Alice in Wonderland: March 5th. This is obviously going to be amazing. Tim Burton is one of my favorite directors. Johnny Depp is my favorite actor. 3D. What can go wrong.
Green Zone: March 12th. Matt Damon back to his Bourne days as an U.S. Army officer investigating what looks to be a possible conspiracy overseas. He's beautiful so I can only imagine how much better he will look in Army fatigues.
Remember Me: March 12th. Two words. Rob Pattinson. After being arrested he attempts to piss off the arresting officer by seducing his daughter. This seems to lead him to discover himself and, as in every romantic movie, fall for the girl. Not only do I love Rob and Emile De Ravin (Claire from Lost), but the movie actually looks pretty good.
Clash of the Titans: March 26th. A remake of the original Clash of the Titans about Zeus' mortal son attempting to stop evil in the underworld. Sam Worthington (Terminator Salvation and Avatar) plays Perseus in a skirt. Why wouldn't you see this movie solely for that reason. Liam Neeson, who is on my list as the 3rd man I would want to be my dad if I didn't already have one that is the bomb, and Ralph Fiennes, Lord Voldemort, are also starring. If you are many of my girl friends who don't enjoy this fantasy stuff, you probably should steer clear.

Movies with Potential
The Crazies: February 26th. I'm a big fan of Timothy Olyphant, who will be starring in his own FX series Justified. Although I'm scared of my own shadow, I have a feeling this movie is actually going to be pretty good. It's kind of like Zombieland minus the ridiculousness and humor. I'm interested to see the reviews and ratings. And why everyone has gone crazy...
The Runways: March 19. A retelling of Joan Jett and her band. I don't think I will ever see this movie until it hits DVD, but I mainly just wanted to talk about it so I had a chance to explain my hatred for Kristen Stewert. She sucks. Like really sucks. She is not a good actress, but for some reason keeps being casted in these indies. So, I guess she makes out with Dakota Fanning. Big Deal. I wish she would just smile for once in her life. And I don't think everyone in this world needs to be tan but I can see through her. Like please stop trying to act like you don't care about your appearance and your stardom. And if I hear you use the word "self-deprecate" in an interview one more time I'm flying to LA to kick your ass. You're 19, stop acting 35.

How did someone allow this movie to be made?
Cop Out: February 26th. Tracey Morgan could not be more annoying in the trailer. Bruce Willis can do much better. This movie looks more like a spoof to Die Hard.
The Bounty Hunter: I don't care when it come out because it looks so awful. Gerard Butler plays a bounty hunter coming to collect from his ex-wife, Jennifer Aniston. I think both of these actors are good enough to play better roles, yet then sign on to play the worst roles to make a quick buck. Let me guess, after running form some ridiculous obstacle the two fall in love again. Vomit.

Theres also a few Nicolas Cage movies coming out which I refuse to mention in hopes that he moves to a deserted island and I never have to see or hear about him again. Sorry Sammy :)

What is with Americas thrill for this thing? A shower or a smile couldn't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment