Sunday, March 28, 2010

alice in wonderland

Well if you are a follower of this blog, you've gotta know how excited I was to see this. I live for Johnny and Tim collaborations. Now, I saw this movie a few weeks ago, but my blog was virally attacked during that time so I'm going to reflect as best I can. My first reaction was about illegal substances. Mind altering substances. I've never been one to dabble in drogas, but I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy a cocktail or 12 after a long week of doing nothing. I would never say drugs are good habit, but honestly if I was a drug addict this movie would have been AWESOME. Since this is a somewhat family-friendly blog I will refrain from using a name, but I actually just received a comment from an anonymous young lady right next to me saying, "I was on drugs during that movie. And it was awesome." Yet, I'm a substance free woman, and so this critique will also be. Visually this movie was really sweet. Its a real treat for the eyes. Although there is an older cartoon version of this movie and obviously a book, I really didn't remember the plot very well. Helena Bonham Carter plays the Queen of Hearts so perfectly. She is really funny actually. No matter what the crime is, its always "off with their heads!" Oh man, if it was only that easy. There would have been a few dozen decapitated people walking around Marquette University thats for sure. The Cheshire Cat was trippy as hell. And so was Alan Rickman as the Blue Caterpillar for that matter. Although I really enjoyed this movie, it was definitely not my favorite Tim Burton movie. That could have something to do with Bridget and Gina making me sit close enough to lick the screen. I need back row center. Such amateurs. I really did like this movie though. I loved hearing the story again, of course in Tim's creepy dark way. If a place is called Wonderland, it really did not resemble a place I would consider Wonderland. Then again, my Wonderland looks like a little place I like to call Gene and Judes. Best hot dogs in Chicago. I found myself feeling really bad for The Mad Hatter. Of course I even teared up at one point. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in the world that teared up, but thats those crazy feminine emotions during movies. I'd definitely recommend everyone to see this, even if only for 3D experience or The Queen of Hearts little jokes. After I saw Alice I had a dream that night. Most girls who dream about Johnny Depp probably picture themselves laying in bed with him, but not this girl. I had a dream I met Johnny and went out for coffee discussing his movies with him. Of course he loved me and we became great friends. Then I woke up. Woke up alone, unemployed, overweight, and poor. Then I realized. Tim's Wonderland isn't looking too bad after all.

Do you think I look more like Tweedle dee or Tweedle dum?

No comments:

Post a Comment