So for those of you who haven't had the pleasure of a cult favorite known as Lost, I wouldn't dare ruin anything for you. This is more of a post about the idea of Lost, an island, and being stranded with a bunch of hotties and freaks for God knows how long. First, for anyone who maybe started Lost and got turned off by the idea of time travel, black murderous smoke, or an island that technically doesn't exist, I ask you to look past all the impossibilities and far fetched story lines to see the genius of it all. Its no surprise when I say that this show is completely fake and unrealistic is every way. Sorry kids Santa isn't real either. If he was I wouldn't be sitting in my bed alone with a 5 lb. sandwich on a saturday afternoon too hungover to walk. Although there is nothing like salami and provolone... Either way, Lost is really quite genius. The show isn't really about the island, but instead about the people. The characters and this idea of six degrees of separation is perfected in Lost. Their past, present, and future are all intertwined in the best way possible. So try it out. Hey I have season one which I would love to share with anyone who wants to get Lost. Get it. Try to love it for its brilliance and craziness. The amount of time I spend reading about Lost theories and possibilities is really pathetic. Doesn't make a girl think twice why she's single thats for sure. But since some of my readers aren't exactly Lost enthusiasts I figure why not put a little twist on this post. Like what if your plane went down and you were stuck for days, months, maybe even years with the other passengers who you had no affiliation with previous to your spring break trip to PCB. Theres a few of you I would rather entertain the possibility of not surviving that crash than beginning a new civilization with. Lets see... I would probably have killed myself with a blunt tree branch when I realized I have missed the last 3 weeks of 24 and the other 6000 shows a week I watch. My sister would probably be scouring the island for the nearest supply of hot sauce to eat with her fresh catch of the day. Mcgann would probably look like a tomato, yet be excited to show off her "rockin legs" on the beach. Katy would probably be damming the island for allowing someone to rescue her from the crash instead of her desired painful death. Bridget would die of withdrawal after discovering the island is dry of alcohol and a smoke free environment. And really I don't think I even need to mention Dietz's curls in the heat. But honestly my friends and I don't exactly have the lifestyles of the rich and famous, so maybe a plane crash wouldn't be too bad. What do you guys think?
My fate sucks I guess...
2011 Summer Vacation Overview
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment