Monday, March 1, 2010

law abiding citizen

So, when Law Abiding Citizen came out in theaters I heard basically only bad reviews. Although Jamie Foxx is a great actor and Gerard Butler is, well at least eye candy, it still wasn't doing it for the critics. Yet recently, when it came out on DVD I kept hearing such good things from people my age. Facebook statuses and word of mouth were raving about how awesome this movie was. So, naturally when I received my monthly free redbox rental, I used it on Law Abiding Citizen. Yes, I actually receive redbox texts and emails for a free rental that costs $1. Times are rough guys... My conclusion is pretty much a mix. This movie is very intense, starting in the first minute. Did I enjoy it? Yes. It is an amazing movie? No. The plot is very different than an other movie I have seen. The trailer portrays Gerard Butler as an evil man with absolutely no morals. When you watch the movie you see him a quite different. More a broken man trying to follow his misguided morals. Without ruining the movie for those who haven't seen it, something very disturbing and horrible happened in his past resulting in this need for vengeance. Although he is an absolute psycho, you find yourself sympathizing with him. It reminded me of how one of my friends said that if her husband ever cheated on her she would murder him. I won't reveal her name so any men reading won't go running for the hills, but I think you could probably guess. Still psychotic of course, but a little sympathy there. A little. The movie definitely keeps you watching and wondering what the end result will be. I would recommend it for a rental for the ladies and gents. Maybe even a date night. Too bad no one reading this blog will be asked out on a date anytime soon. Also I feel I need to point out the absurdity of a part of the movie. I'm just gonna say what it is because it adds absolutely nothing to the plot and I'm not really giving anything away. When Gerard is arrested, which obviously you know since the trailer shows him in jail, he deems it necessary to just take all his clothes off and get arrested in the nude. Like, I'm not complaining or anything since I don't even remember what a man looks like topless, but is it really necessary? Absolutely not. So weird. Anyways, I'd say give Law Abiding Citizen a try. Don't expect to see a great crime thriller, but it will definitely keep you entertained!

Also this is totally off subject, but me and my dad were just watching Giuliana and Bill. He is such a fox. Where are the rest of the men like this is Chicago?

If for no other reason ladies, maybe this is a reason to see it

No comments:

Post a Comment