Wednesday, March 24, 2010

remember me

Remember you? How could I forget? I saw Remember Me approximately 3 days ago and it still has not left my mind. Good thing I've been on a New Moon kick because the trailer plays every time I turn it on! Now its not often a movie makes me sit behind the wheel on a Sunday afternoon sobbing while rushing through traffic, but this one really did it to me. Crying in movies is probably one of my favorite pastimes, but this was double time. My heart, yes guys I have one, was literally ripped out, pounded with a hammer, and left on the movie theatre floor. I felt physical pain after it was over. But there was one other feeling. Rob Pattinson looks like a walking god in this movie, one thats been beaten up a bit of course. Which leads me to ask the question: Why is it that guys with bruises, cuts, and blood all over their faces look even hotter when girls just resemble drunken train wrecks? Maybe getting hit by that car made me sexier? Probably not. Well this movie has also been beaten up. Not by cute bar rats, but instead by critics. I'm gonna have to completely disagree with them. Movies like The Hurt Locker, which has no storyline and consists of three characters with no depth are winning Best Picture, when a movie like Remember Me with several characters with harsh backgrounds and real issues, is being slammed like the actions taking place in Rob Pattinson's bed. I seriously cannot get this movie out of my head because it really makes you think twice about life. How your entire life can change in a split second. From the first minute to last this movie follows the same theme. "Gandhi said that whatever you do in life will be insignificant. But it's very important that you do it." Now I personally loved that from the start to the shocking conclusion. It was completely in sync, but I also see that the ending shows our lives as completely meaningless. I guess it depends on the way you perceive it. Or if I'm looking too much into it. Which I probably am. Which is probably the reason I'm the douche bag with a movie blog. I do have a few negatives though. One thing I am just far too sick of in romance movies nowadays is the hot cool guy falling for the eccentric unique chick. Like what the hell. NEWS FLASH. THAT NEVER HAPPENS. Like the lead actress Ally. They go on a first date and she insists on dessert first, then her meal. Okay If Rob Pattinson asks me out on a date I would probably undress him with my eyes, fumble my words, and order a side salad. Lets be serious. Also they are college students. 21 year old seniors. When my friends and I were 21 we weren't, how do I say it delicately....put together. The only thing we had in common with these people was the beer can on his wall. I understand maybe were not normal. Who knows. Either way, the trailer for this movie seems like a romance and Rob Pattinson looking brooding and sexy. Yes it is both of those, but so much more. Please don't be deceived by the vampires usual roles. This movie is really more a drama than a romance and Pierce Brosnan and Rob Pattinson at their best.


Honestly who wouldn't remember this?

No comments:

Post a Comment